Your First Year at Faith is Free!
What does this mean for me?
If you meet the eligibility requirements, you may be able to get your entire first year of tertiary study free.
How do I know if I’m eligible?
You may be eligible if you are:
- a New Zealand citizen, or
- ordinarily resident in New Zealand and:
- have been living in New Zealand for at least three years while holding a residence class visa, or
- a refugee or protected person, or
- sponsored into New Zealand by someone in your family who, at the time of sponsorship, was a refugee or protected person.
You must also not have undertaken more than half a year of equivalent full-time tertiary education (0.5 equivalent full-time student (EFTS) or 60 credits) at level 3 or above on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework (NZQF), including tertiary education at an equivalent level undertaken in any country.
- This doesn’t include any tertiary education undertaken while enrolled in school prior to 1 January 2019.
- This doesn’t include any tertiary courses undertaken as part of your school learning programme or secondary-tertiary programme on or after 1 January 2019.
- This doesn’t include any credits reported as part of any industry training programme that consists of fewer than 120 credits that are reported after 1 January 2018.
- If you’re not sure about your eligibility, you can check here. You will need your National Student Index number to check eligibility.
What is included in my first year free?
The first-year-free includes all compulsory fees like tuition and other service fees for a value of up to $12,000 (including GST) per learner. This covers tertiary study at any level so long as you meet the requirements.
If you are in carryover mode, you will be liable for some of your fees.
If you are not sure if you are in carryover mode, please contact TEC (Tertiary Education Commission) at email@example.com or Freephone 0800 687 775.
Check to see if your elligible at feesfree.govt.nz/eligibility-criteria
I’m eligible, what next?
Now you’re all ready to apply for your first year of tertiary study! Click here to get the enrollment process started.